On January 7, 2018, I had the privilege of joining Jeannine Crooks of Awin and John LoBrutto of Liquid Web for an Expert Q&A panel at Affiliate Summit West (ASW18) in Las Vegas. There we offered answers to a “baker’s dozen” of frequent affiliate questions. This panel was designed to be introductory level.
With my fellow panelists permission I’m sharing our slides below. We addressed the following 13 questions:
- How do I make money with affiliate marketing?
- How do I choose the right merchant?
- In-house vs. Network programs?
- Should I just work with Amazon?
- When can I apply to an affiliate program?
- Is it important to provide added value for the customer or just lots of traffic for the merchant?
- Should I put text links or banner ads on my site (or both)?
- How do I find the right traffic for my affiliate links? How do I find the right affiliate links for my traffic?
- How can I get credit for sales when I can’t post an affiliate link, such as on social media?
- How much do I really get paid? Why is conversion rate important and how do we improve it?
- Should I use Google Analytics to track my results?
- What is cross device tracking?
- When should I contact a merchant to ask for a rate increase?